This is a solicitation for Statements of Interest for two-year coastal and ocean applied research grants.
- Priorities identified in Section B were taken from the 2018-21 Florida Sea Grant Strategic Plan, and address four focus areas: Healthy Coastal Environments; Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture; Resilient Communities and Economies; Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
- This is an open state-wide competition for any Principal Investigator in Florida who can meet the five previously described ‘criteria to qualify for review.’
- Proposals must be strong in rationale, scientific / professional merit, and end-user engagement, and also meet the criteria in section A (8) below.
- A strong Statement of Interest is the first step to securing Florida Sea Grant funding.
- The maximum Florida Sea Grant award is $200,000 for two years, with no more than $100,000 in each individual budget year.
- A 50% match is required – i.e., $100,000 match if $200,000 of federal funds is requested.
- We intend to fund approximately 10 research projects, depending on available funds. Projects with the strongest end-user engagement and the highest scientific merit will be selected. A review panel will determine which projects are selected for development into full proposals and which full proposals are recommended for funding.
Statements of Interest due by 3 PM, February 13, 2017 (no late statements will be accepted). Full Proposals Due by 3 PM, May 29, 2017 (no late proposals will be accepted).